Ancol Bay City or also known as Ancol Dreamland is the largest and most attractive recreation park in the Jakarta area. It consists amongst others of a golf course, a theme park, hotels, nightclubs and swimming pools. It is located at the north of Jakarta on reclaimed land at the Bay of Jakarta.
Entertainment at Ancol Dreamland:
- Fantasy World (Dunia fantasi). Jakarta's theme park with over 40 rides and attractions including the Halilintar twisted roller coaster and shows. Ticket price for entrance to Fantasy World is Rp 135,000 per person on weekdays.
- Atlantis Water adventure. A five hectare large water park themed on the mythological city of Atlantis with a wave pool, waterfall pool, slides, children's pools, continues flowing river pool and restaurants. Entrance is Rp 90,000 on weekdays
- Sea world. One of the largest oceanarium in South East Asia featuring pools for alligators and sharks, and a few general pools as the Sea friends pool and the Main pool
- Pasar Seni: An art market which in the course of it's 25 years history has become a center for handicrafts and other art products as well as a center for artists to directly create and sell their products.
- Executive Golf Fun, Ancol's 18 holes international beach golf course.
- Beaches. Within the resort you can find the Carnival beach and the Festival beach.
Getting to Ancol Dreamland is easily reached with car, motorcycle or the TransJakarta buses. Be aware that you have to buy separate tickets for each park within Ancol Dreamland although they do provide packages.